- Read manuscript requirements carefully and sign posting declaration before submission.
- The article should be original with no plagiarism or fraudulent data.
- Submit solely the research to our journal.
- File contents involve no country confidentiality.
- Do not infringe any third party's copyright.
- All authors have made significant contributions to the research.
- Are obliged to provide revision and correct mistakes of the article according to the requirements made by editorial department.
- Provide the financial projects involved, and list in detail bibliography and acknowledgments for the staff involved in the research.
- Judgments should be objective and specific.
- Articles are free from incorrect values.
- Make specific suggestions of modifications and deletions, and correct directly the general errors, inappropriate sentences and languages in articles that have met our requirements.
- List specific reasons and offer further research directions, methods and available data for articles that have not met our requirements.
- Review articles confidentially according to our blind review principles.
- Reviewers should have no conflict of interest with respect to the research and authors.
- Return the manuscript that cannot be reviewed properly to editorial department within two days.
- Respect the author’s research findings, keep the contents of the manuscript confidential, and do not misuse the author’s research findings.
- The editors conduct academic misconduct tests on the manuscripts, complete the preliminary review within two working days after receiving the manuscripts (in compliance with the requirements of normative and scientific principles), and send them to experts. The manuscript is processed according to the opinions of the reviewers, and the opinions of the peer reviewers and the revision opinions in line with the editorial specifications are promptly fed back to the author. Editorial opinions based on non-academic standards that go beyond the scope and purpose of the journal are not permitted. If the author has any objection to the review comments, the author is allowed to file an appeal. Editors shall not distort the original intention of the author to modify the content of the manuscript, and shall not implement inter-journal citation.
- Editors mainly review the academic quality of manuscripts, and cannot discriminate against manuscripts based on any other factors other than academic standards, including but not limited to: the author's race, gender, religious belief, origin, unit, nationality.
- Editors must maintain the confidentiality of authors, peer reviewers, and the content of manuscripts.
- When the editor has a conflict of interest with the author or his organization due to other factors such as competition, collaboration, etc., the editor needs to avoid the first review of the manuscript, selection of peer review experts and other editing procedures. Editors shall not publish unpublished manuscript content or research results without authorization, and shall not misappropriate manuscript content. Editors are not allowed to take advantage of journal pages, confidential information in editing procedures, editorial rights, etc. for profit.
Editorial department ethics
- Provide manuscript requirements and thesis writing templates.
- Forbid to publish the same research in more than one journal.
- Find scientific misconducts and their treatments.
- Editorial departments have the right to modify and abridge the paper.
- The order of the authors has been set after submission according to their contribution to the research, so any change should be endorsed and signed by all authors to preserve the author's copyright.
- The remuneration we pay has included author's copyright fee.
- Journal of South China Agricultural University uses the "CC BY-NC: Attribution (BY)-Non-Commercial Use (NC)" agreement in the Creative Commons license (https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc/4.0/), signing the copyright agreement means that the author agrees to authorize the journal to have the copyright of the paper including the right of reproduction, distribution, dissemination, translation, compilation and other rights after the paper is accepted.
Specific reference standards of academic misconduct：
- Contribution of the same article to our journal and other publications, articles already published in the academic conference proceedings or other publications, as well as the official electronic version published on the internet, and main content similar to their own published papers without substantive progress, new approaches or new results.
- Fabricate research results and survey data, tamper with experimental data, hide unfavorable data and forge data results, plagiarize and misappropriate others’ academic research (including papers, monographs, reports, pictures, etc.), cite others' treatises, data and results without instructions and listed references, and fabricate documents.
Treatments of academic misconduct：
- Editorial department will inform the author the ultimate results without delay, any author who questions these findings should submit a written application for review within ten workdays after receiving the notification, otherwise the article will be considered to be given up.
- If any scientific misconduct of the article is eventually identified, the subsequent process will be terminated and the manuscripts will be rejected immediately, authors will be publicly criticized and their work sectors will be notified if consequences are serious. If the paper has not been formally published, it will be rejected. If the paper has been published, the editorial will publish the formal withdrawal notice on our website and journal, delete it in the annual index of the directory and notify the collaboration database to delete the online version. Editorial office reserves the right to claim compensation from the authors for the above adverse impacts.
- Authors with serious misbehaviors will be listed in our author credit blacklists, the first author’s paper will not be accepted within five years, and the rest authors’ papers will not be accepted within three years.
You are the visitor Copyright：Journal of South China Agricultural University ® 2023 All Rights Reserved
Mailing Address： GAddress：No.483 Wushan Rd, Tianhe,Guangzhou 510642, Guangdong Province, China Post Code：510642 Phone：(020)85280069/38746672